The first building of our interest is a former Tokyo Rope Mfg. Kokura Plant office building. The building, completed in 1906, is one of the oldest remaining brick masonry buildings in Kitakyushu City.
Located in downtown Kokura district, the plant used to manufacture the wire ropes for the coal mines in Chikuho Area.
The building has been unused for more than a decade, resting at the corner of the Yoshikawa Seimitsu Co., Ltd.’s campus.